Over the years, we have been developing painkillers which are medicines that are used to address and bring relief to the symptoms of different kinds of pain. The term analgesia denotes the inability to feel pain which is why it is another term for pain relief and it is also why the kinds of painkillers used to relieve pain are known as analgesics.
There are many different types of painkillers that are now available as there are so many varieties of pain that need treatment. There are two distinct categories into which pains can be divided and they are known as acute and chronic pain. Acute pains are defined as short-term pains that have a specific cause (such as a tissue injury) and that come on abruptly. These kinds of pain include: cuts, burns, surgery, broken bones, and toothache.
The other kind of pain that analgesics are used to treat are known as chronic and are defined as such when they are ongoing or present in the patient in excess of 6 months. They are either present long after the original source of pain has been treated or they have no known source at all. Chronic forms of pain include: frequent headaches, general or lower back pain, tense or sore muscles, arthritic pain and various kinds of nerve pain.
How Do Painkillers Work
Although there are thousands of different kinds of branded painkillers that are now being sold for the effective relief of various forms of physical discomfort, medical experts agree that there are three main forms of analgesic remedies that are available. Each of these three types works in a different way to provide the same outcome: optimal analgesia (pain relief) for the patient.
If you are wondering just how do painkillers work, then you will find the following information on the three main types of painkillers and how they alleviate pain useful:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) - NSAIDs include remedies for pain such as ibuprofen and aspirin which are easily available over the counter in most countries and work specifically to change the way in which the body interprets and thus responds to pain. Although not all NSAIDs are the same and have slightly differing functions to provide relief from pain, they work by inhibiting the effects of COX enzymes. These enzymes are used to produce other chemicals known as prostaglandins which are there to produce feelings of pain at the sites of injury. By reducing the production of prostaglandins through the inhibition of COX enzymes, pain and inflammation is significantly reduced too.
- Paracetamol - a household remedy for mild pains, no one is yet entirely sure about the scientific processes that paracetamol conducts within the body to provide pain relief. Paracetamol is thought to work by blocking COX enzymes found within the central nervous system (CNS) and can be used to treat pain and lower temperatures but does not help with inflammation.
- Opioids - include painkillers such as codeine, tramadol and morphine and are known as the strongest class of painkillers and are used to treat moderately severe to severe pain. Opioid painkillers work by binding to opioid receptors found in the brain and along the spinal cord (the CNS) and in other parts of the body to lower the transmission rate of pain signals along the nerves. By blocking your pain signals, opioids reduce the way you experience the pain and your reaction to it while simultaneously increasing your tolerance for pain.
When to Use Painkillers
The way in which we experience pain is unique to all of us and what this means is that some forms of pain will be less tolerable for some people than they will be for others. The best time for you to use pain relief tablets is when you are finding that the symptoms of the kind of pain that you are suffering from are detracting from your quality of life.
To get the best possible treatment, you need to be aware that there are different types of painkillers that are available and use the one that will bring your specific condition the best sense of relief.
- For mild to moderate pains, over the counter remedies will generally do the trick and provide you with the relief that you need. Painkillers such as paracetamol, ibuprofen and aspirin are generally used in these cases.
- More often than not, severe pain is also classed as acute because of its severe and sudden onset that starts out sharp before gradually improving. Severe forms of pain may include a broken bone, a bad toothache or post-operative feelings of pain and will usually require strong painkillers to help you through the initial onset.
- In contrast to severe forms of pain, chronic pain develops over a long period of time and the symptoms thereof tend to worsen as time goes on. While both severe and chronic forms of pain are excruciating, pains that are chronic in nature are particularly troublesome as they do not go away after a period of time has elapsed and will require the long-term use of painkillers. People who are looking for lower back pain relief or relief from arthritic pains would, for example, require the best painkillers for long term use.
What Are the Best Painkillers?
When it comes to treating the type of pain that you are experiencing as effectively as possible, then what may be the best pain killer for you will differ from someone who is experiencing another form of pain with alternate symptoms.
What this means is that there is no single pain remedy that takes precedence over another as these analgesic painkillers are designed to treat specific forms of pain with some being better for milder pains and some being optimized for the treatment of more severe forms of pain.
For the treatment of milder pains such as headaches and menstrual cramps, often the over the counter remedies for pain will be recommended for use as they should be more than adequate to alleviate the symptoms of these forms of pain. Painkillers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol will be recommended for use for these kinds of pains, whereas they would not be used to provide back pain relief as they would be ineffective against this more severe kind of pain.
The best kind of remedy for moderate pains will generally be moderately strong painkillers such as low dosage codeine remedies and combined remedies such as co-codamol (codeine and paracetamol). These can be used to treat the symptoms of issues such as toothaches, muscular cramps and mild lower back pain where weaker treatments for pain would not be effective enough.
However, for those with chronic or severe forms of pain, the very best painkillers to use are the most potent, or strongest. If you have an incredibly sore back, then the chances of you getting any kind of back pain relief from the abovementioned treatments is small. You would need to use the strongest remedies for pain which are generally the opioid family and include high codeine dosage (60 mg), tramadol hydrochloride, morphine or anticonvulsants such as pregabalin (Lyrica) for acute or chronic nerve pains.
Best Over The Counter Painkillers
Pain is a multi-faceted sensation that can affect us all in diverse ways and is experienced differently from person to person. That is primarily why there is such an abundance of choice when it comes to the remedies available for the treatment of pain today. While weaker painkillers such as paracetamol and aspirin are the go-to treatment for a headache, they would not be prescribed to someone for severe lower back pain relief as these painkillers are ineffective against moderate to severe forms of pain.
The reason that over the counter painkillers like ibuprofen exist and are so popular is because there are many kinds of acute (short-term) pains that are not only short-lived, but mild in nature too. It would be unnecessary to prescribe someone with a headache or stomach cramps the strongest opioids as these painkillers are likely to cause more damage than harm when used callously for pains that they are not meant to treat.
Milder pains also do not affect the person's day to day life as much as harsher forms of pain do which is why having access to these kinds of remedies is simply a lot more convenient for those who just need a remedy to tide them over while they wait for their symptoms to dissipate. Unlike strong painkillers which require prescriptive certification before the user is eligible to buy them, over the counter painkillers can be bought with far more ease as their name suggests.
Best Prescription Painkillers
There are, unfortunately, many different kinds of pain that cannot be treated with a simple over the counter remedy and these forms of pain are known as chronic or severe pains. Did you know that back pain is the single leading cause of disability in the UK? It accounts for 11% of the total disability of the UK population. Generally, back pain relief can only be obtained through the use of the strong painkillers.
With over a third of the UK adult population dealing with severe symptoms of pain due to their lower back, it is imperative that prescription painkilling treatments are made more accessible in order for more people to experience lower back pain relief as current estimates suggest that only 20% of UK citizens reach out to get effective medicinal help.
When you are looking to get help for severer instances of pain such as cancer pains, arthritic pains, surgery-induced pains and nerve damage pains, the definitive solution lies in the use of prescription painkillers. This is because these remedies have much more potent painkilling effects than over the counter remedies which are necessary to nullify the symptoms caused by chronic kinds of pain. For ongoing severe kinds of pain like arthritis, doctors often prescribe the use of a strong painkiller in tandem with an over the counter formula such as using tramadol together with paracetamol.
Chronic, severe forms of pain have the ability to ruin their victim's lives, both personally and professionally. This is why when you are suffering from the worst kind of pain, you should reach out for only the best pain killer which will work to assuage your symptoms and allow you to live more comfortably.
Buy Strong Painkillers for Chronic Pain
The debilitating effects that various forms of pain can have on your life should not ever be underestimated nor left without treatment. At our online pharmacy, we firmly believe that people who need access to high-quality, strong painkillers should have it and in the most convenient way possible too.
Often when it comes to trying to obtain the strongest painkillers in the UK, the process is as tedious as it is expensive, requiring people who are already in pain to leave their homes and wait in interminably long queues just to spend exorbitant amounts of money on prescriptions and a few doses of the painkillers that they actually require for long term use. We are changing this by making it simple and inexpensive for our customers to buy painkillers online without needing to leave the comfort of their homes or provide a doctor's prescription.
This is what has led to us selling the very best painkillers in the UK at unimaginably low prices from our website that is easy to find and even easier to use. Our impressive array of painkillers such as codeine, tramadol and pregabalin are incredibly effective when used to provide relief from the severest forms of pain such as chronic backache and fibromyalgia. If you are looking to buy painkillers online, then you are at the right place!
As well as a wide range of painkillers, we also stock and sell a wide range of sleep aid tablets and anxiety medication at https://www.cheapsleepingtablets.com/ and our customer service team is available 24 hours a day to help you place your order.
Published: 20 February 2022
Review Due: February 2023